COVID-19 (Coronavirus Update) Monday May 17th, 2021
May 17, 2021 Status Update
COVID-19 Precautions at Petoskey Family Dental Care
Our extensive protective protocols remain in effect in light of the most recent CDC guidance for fully vaccinated individuals. I would like to ask for your patience and cooperation as we work to keep our office safe for those vulnerable individuals who remain at risk for negative consequences from a potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2.
We provide dental care for individuals in various states of health – including healthy individuals as well as those with compromised immune status. We will continue to implement precautions and standards to provide a safe environment for vulnerable individuals.
CDC guidance indicates continued adherence to safety measures for staff and visitors to healthcare settings. At this time, there are limited data on vaccine protection in people who are immunocompromised. Therefore, your continued cooperation with screening questions, masking requirements, etc. will help to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Kerry Brantly, DDS
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
May 26, 2020
We have been missing all of you, and we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! On June 1st we will resume scheduling care, which means it has been 11 weeks of postponing all preventive and non-emergency dental care. As you might imagine, there are many people who are feeling the need to get into the dentist for various reasons, and we will be working diligently to prioritize treatment and provide appointments efficiently, as soon as we can safely do so. I want to thank you in advance for your patience during this time while we work to take care of everyone.
If you have been associated with our practice long, you are probably aware we pride ourselves in going beyond the ordinary to provide outstanding care. Our pursuit of safety for you and our team is no exception. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the CDC has issued updated guidelines to safely provide dental care and we have been hard at work making changes to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes in the facility, and we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. Here are some of the increased precautions we have implemented:
- We will contact you prior to your appointment by phone, text or email with some COVID screening questions. Completion of the questionnaire is required 24 – 48 hours prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- We ask that most patients come into the office alone. If parents or essential caregivers would like to come into the office, please discuss this with the front desk personnel in advance.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Upon entering the office, the following items are required of EVERYONE (both patients and staff):
- Wear a mask
- Wash / sanitize hands (hand sanitizers are positioned throughout the clinic)
- Temperature will be measured / recorded
- Removed items that can harbor or transfer germs (i.e., magazines, etc.).
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers in reception area.
- Modified payment arrangements to facilitate contactless exit from the appointment.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms to remove germs from circulating air. (Jade units from Surgically Clean Air – SurgicallyCleanAir.com)
- Re-positioned supply and return air registers for safer air flow patterns within the facility.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with a UV light unit (2008-CU unit from Genesis Air – GenesisAir.com).
- Enhanced disinfection procedures before and after all appointments, including fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protective equipment like visors, gowns and masks for our doctor and team to provide barriers against the smallest germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Adjusted appointment timing to prepare and complete all appointment tasks in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow-up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
I can confidently say there is no safer place you could receive excellent dental care than right here in our office. We are looking forward to serving you soon!
Kerry R. Brantly, DDS